WHY ACTIVE PRINCE WILLIAM?
A group of concerned citizens formed Active Prince William in December 2015 to advocate for better opportunities, support, and infrastructure for active transportation and healthy lifestyles within Prince William County, Manassas, and Manassas Park. We are working to help make Prince William County and Greater Manassas a more livable, healthy, equitable, and sustainable community.
Active Prince William is presently focused on the following priorities:
- Improving the transparency, public-input opportunities, equity, and sustainability of local and regional transportation infrastructure decisions, by advocating for citizen multimodal transportation advisory commissions in Prince William County, Manassas, and Manassas Park
- Strengthening agency active transportation and trail programs in Prince William County, Manassas, and Manassas Park
- Improving the safety of vulnerable road uses by establishing strategic and data-driven local Vision Zero programs based on a Safe Systems Approach
- Improving local policies and standards for adequate bicycle parking accommodations at various types of community destinations
- Advancing Safe Routes to Schools programs
- Growing Active Prince William to become an effective and sustainable nonprofit advocacy organization
Active Prince William invites all interested individuals to attend our meetings. We welcome participants from across the area and from all walks of life. We believe that a diverse group of interested participants will best advance our mission of improving the community for all residents. We currently meet via Zoom approximately one Sunday evening each month from 7:30-8:30 pm.